In Stage 1, businesses are asked to help voluntarily, but no action is required. Your early action can help avoid mandatory restrictions that affect us all. If you need help with these steps, call 623-932-3010 and ask for water conservation.
· Water every other day. If your address ends in an odd number, do all watering on odd-numbered dates. If your address ends in an even number, do all watering on even-numbered dates.
· Water between 8 pm and 6 am.
· Postpone washing sidewalks, driveways and parking lots except for dust control or sanitation. Use efficient methods.
· Wash all vehicles at commercial car washes that recycle water or postpone washing them. Do not hand-wash them.
· Shut off fountains and decorative water features unless they are used for indoor cooling.
· Turn off outdoor misters.
· Postpone over-seeding for winter or skip it. Wait until we have plenty of water.
· Backwash your pool to your landscaping or to a water truck for re-use. If you put the water on your landscape, you won't need to use City supplies.
· Serve water to customers only upon request. Post table toppers to explain if this is not normal practice.
· Launder linens daily only upon request. Post notices if this is not normal practice.