Goodyear Fire Department
As a service to the community, the Goodyear Fire Department sponsors qualified participants wishing to obtain their Firefighter I & II certification. To apply for sponsorship, you must have the following:
· Be at least 18 years of age
· A clean, valid Arizona Driver's License
· An Arizona or National Registry Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Certificate
· Hazardous Materials First Responder Certificate
· CPAT certification (No more than 3 months prior to your application. You must be able to meet the required criteria within 6 months prior to academy)
· Meet all current requirements of the Fire Operations Program at Glendale Community College.
This sponsorship allows prospective firefighters the opportunity to obtain their Firefighter I and II Certification but does not guarantee a firefighter position within the City of Goodyear. Applying for sponsorship with the Goodyear Fire Department is a competitive process. You must compete with other candidates to be selected and sponsored to attend the Glendale Community College Fire Science program.
Applications for sponsorship will only be accepted during posted recruitment periods. The Goodyear Fire Department is not sponsoring at this time. You may fill out a job interest card and be notified once the Goodyear Fire Department resumes their recruitment. Thank you for your interest!
Last Updated: 7/9/2009