Goodyear Arizona

Go To Search
Print Page
email page
employee login

Appeals & Reviews

High Water Consumption Analysis

If you believe that your water consumption has increased without explanation, visit our High Water Consumption page. It will explain how you can first perform a self check of your water usage, and how to remedy any issues you find. If that process does not identify the reason for your increased usage, options are available to involve the Public Works Department in further analysis.

Water Meter Test

Customers can request that their water meter be tested, though it is rare for a water meter to over record water usage. It is much more likely that an older meter will slow down and under record usage if it has been in service for an extended period of time.

You will be charged for all meter testing costs. If the meter proves to be faster than the acceptable limits set forth by the American Water Works Association (AWWA), the customer's water bill for the current period will be adjusted on the consumer's next water bill by the Finance Department in an amount that reflects the difference in pricing and the testing fee. If the meter proves to be within, or slower than the acceptable limits set forth by AWWA, the testing fee will be retained as revenue for the Public Works Department." 

Therefore, we recommend that you request a meter test ONLY AFTER a High Consumption Analysis has been performed. If you are interested in having your meter tested, you may do so by submitting the online Request for Meter Test form. Or, to request a paper form by mail or fax, please contact the Public Works Department at 623-932-3010 or send your request via email.

Sewer Appeal

The City of Goodyear offers a Sewer Appeal Form (link active from June 1 to August 31 ONLY) to customers who indicate their sewer average is not accurate. The Winter Quarter Average for sewer is calculated on the average water consumption during the winter months billed in January, February, and March.

Please Note:

Completed forms must be received no later than 90 days after the end of the billing period in dispute (May 30). Disputed audits may be evaluated based on supporting documentation and verified information, and a decision mailed to the customer. Appeals may ONLY be submitted between June 1 and August 31.

Leaks: Actual receipts are required for all leak claims. Requests submitted without receipts will be denied.

Pool fill or repairs: Documentation and proof of gallons needed to fill pool must be attached to request. Requests submitted without documentation will be denied.

After you have completed the form, sign and return it to the Finance Department at 190 N. Litchfield Rd. , or mail the completed form to:

City of Goodyear, Finance Department

Attn: Sewer Rate Appeal

PO Box 5100

Goodyear, AZ 85338-0601


Last Updated: 7/12/2012

City of Goodyear Logo
City of Goodyear • 190 N. Litchfield Road • Goodyear AZ 85338 • Phone 623-932-3910 • Toll-Free 1-800-872-1749
Air Quality
RSS Feeds JoinFollowWatch