View Other Items in this Archive |
View All Archives | Printable Version
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: March 14, 2013
Contact: Lisa Kutis, PIO
Goodyear Police Department
Goodyear Police Department Kicks Off Poison Prevention Week with
Newest Prescription Drug Disposal Box Location
GOODYEAR, Ariz. – National Poison Prevention Week is March 17-23rd and the Goodyear Police Department is kicking it off with its newest Prescription Drug Disposal Box. “Our Prescription Drug Disposal Program has been such a huge success and an answer to the community’s need, that we have expanded the program with a new collection box, located in the lobby at Fire Station 183 at 3075 N. Litchfield Rd.”, said Police Chief, Jerry Geier. The public is invited to dispose of expired and unused prescription medication at either Police Department Drug disposal box locations. The original drug disposal box is located at Police Administration: 175 N. 145 Ave. Building E Goodyear 85338.
The Goodyear Police Department would like to remind you that unintentional poisonings are 100% preventable! Protect yourself and those you love by following these simple medication safety tips:
• Buy products in child-resistant packaging whenever possible.
• Read medicine and product labels before each use and follow directions exactly.
• Tell children what medicine is and why you must be the one to give it to them and never call medicine “candy” to get a child to take it.
• Never take more than the prescribed amount of medicine.
• Keep all medications out of the reach and sight of children.
• Read the labels of prescription and over-the-counter medicine carefully to make sure you are not taking more than one product at a time with the same active ingredient.
If you think someone has been poisoned, call this nationwide toll-free number: 1-800-222-1222 to reach your local poison center.
WHO: Goodyear Police Department
WHAT: Poison Prevention Week 2013 Kickoff
WHEN: March 17-23rd
WHERE: Visit the newest Goodyear Police Drug Disposal Box at Fire Station 183: 3075 N. Litchfield Rd. Goodyear, AZ 85395
CONTACT: Lisa Kutis 623-882-7663 or email at email@example.com for more information or for an interview