City of Goodyear, Arizona
Public Information Office
For Immediate Release: Jan. 14, 2008
Volunteers needed for Goodyear events
GOODYEAR, AZ – The city of Goodyear is looking for volunteers to help shape our growing community.
Volunteers are needed to help Goodyear put on many upcoming activities and events. Here are a few samples of what the city has planned for 2008.
- Goodyear Rodeo, February 15-17
- Heart & Sole Run, February 23
- Star Spangled 4th of July, July 4
- G.A.I.N., October 18
- Howling Halloween, October 25
- Holly Jolly, December 6
There are many openings for volunteers interested in helping out on a regular basis in several departments. Volunteering can open the door to new job opportunities. Volunteers who have worked a minimum of 160 hours and continue to volunteer or work on a regular basis are eligible for internal recruitment opportunities.
· Administrative/Clerical Assistant
· Civil Engineering Department
· Communications assistant (monitor media coverage, press releases)
· Educational Ambassadors for Fire and Water Resources Departments
· Fire Department Audio/Visual
· Fire Department/AutoCAD
· G.A.I.N. Event
· Graffiti Patrol
· Graphics Assistant
· Human Resources Research Assistant
· Make-a-Difference Projects
· Public Meetings assistant to the Engineering Department
· Senior Programs
· Special Events
· Victim’s Advocate volunteer, assistant
· Volunteer Coordinator Assistant for Special Events
· Webmaster Assistant
Volunteers will be trained to do research, assist in CPR instruction, or to help in the areas of audio-visual, writing and communications, data entry, administrative and clerical tasks, community outreach, and much more.
For a complete list of volunteer positions and descriptions, visit Goodyear’s website at www.goodyearaz.gov.
If you are interested in volunteering for a position or an event, please complete and submit an application form and a pledge form, available online or in person at City Hall, 190 N. Litchfield Road, Goodyear, AZ 85338.
For more information, call Judi Switanek, Goodyear Volunteer Coordinator, at 623-882-7807 or email@example.com.