City of Goodyear, Arizona
Public Information Office
For Immediate Release: May 2, 2008
Free foreclosure prevention workshop
GOODYEAR, AZ – As part of ongoing efforts to address the home foreclosure crisis gripping the nation, Rep. Ed Pastor in partnership with the Federal Home Loan Bank of San Francisco, will hold a foreclosure prevention workshop. The free events includes a Q&A panel discussion with realtors, lenders, and credit and housing experts, who will discuss options for homeowners facing foreclosure, delinquencies, or adjustable rate mortgages that will reset to amounts they can’t afford. Other topics include:
- How to detect housing scams targeting distressed homeowners
- How to work with lenders to keep your home
- Understanding your legal rights
- How to sell your home
Credit and housing counselors, loan servicers and lenders will also offer one-on-one consultations to homeowners, who are encouraged to bring loan documents and other financial information.
Panel of experts (Schedule media interviews through Ann Bielecki 602-799-1151):
- Rep. Ed Pastor, (D-AZ) U.S. Congressman, 4th District
- Mayor Phil Gordon, City of Phoenix
- Dwight Alexander, Federal Home Loan Bank of San Francisco
- Patricia Garcia Duarte, Arizona Foreclosure Prevention Task Force
- Andrew Louber, Arizona Housing Counseling Collaborative
- Credit and housing counselors, loan servicers
When: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday, May 10
8:30 a.m. Registration begins
9:30-9:45 a.m. Congressman Pastor, Mayor Phil Gordon
9:45-10:45 a.m. Panel discussion
10:45 a.m.-1 p.m. Individual homeowner counseling
Where: Phoenix City Hall
200 West Washington St.
Phoenix, Ariz. 85003
To register: www.fhlbsf.com
Free parking at Third Avenue and Washington Street Garage.
Activities for children will be offered.
Sponsored by Federal Home Loan Bank of San Francisco, Arizona Foreclosure Prevention Task Force, and Arizona Housing Collaborative.