City of Goodyear, Arizona
For Immediate Release: Jan. 13, 2011
Business Permit Fee and Registration due now
GOODYEAR, ARIZ. (Jan. 13, 2011) It's time for all Goodyear businesses to register with the City and pay the $75 annual permit fee. Compared to other West Valley cities, Goodyear's $75 fee is in the mid-range, and offers many benefits to registered businesses.
Registered businesses are offered a presence on the City website, which receives more than 65,000 visitors each month. Businesses have access and can directly update certain information. Use the City website to
· Post job openings
· List hours of operation
· Offer coupons, advertise discounts, specials
· Help visitors and residents find your products, services
· Post your business on locator maps
· Direct access to webpage to update your business info
Good News for Business, the electronic business newsletter from the Economic Development Department, will be sent directly to your registered business email address with news, events and activities of special interest to business owners. Real-time e-Blasts will offer timely business info updates.
· Small Business Breakfast Series -- Experts offer tips for growing a business and boosting visibility
· Financial Seminars -- Tax planning, lending practices, credit management
· Economic development news and information
· Newly recruited businesses
· Employment opportunities
· Workforce trends
Protection and safety programs serve your business 24/7
· Receive immediate notification of any robbery, scam, or other criminal activity in the area through the "Protect Your Business" program.
· Trim emergency call response time by providing fire, police and first responders with ready access to your business info.
The $75 annual permit fee was due December 31, but a grace period is in effect through January 31. Failure to register and pay the fee can result in fines of up to $500. A business permit is required for any person or company doing business in the City of Goodyear, including home-based businesses. Nonprofit organizations, churches, and schools are exempt. Individuals and sole proprietors must include proof of citizenship, such as driver's permit, passport, visa, etc. along with the application. Registration helps sales tax auditors confirm that all businesses are collecting and paying their share of taxes.
Mail or hand-deliver registration renewal forms or new registration applications along with cash, check or money order for $75, to City of Goodyear Business Permit Registration, 190 N. Litchfield Road, Goodyear, AZ 85338. Download registration forms and instructions at www.goodyearaz.gov. Online registration is not available at this time.