7.A. Council approved draft minutes of a a Regular Meeting held on June 13, 2011.
7.B. (11-4659) Council authorized the reappointment of the following members to the Goodyear Citizens Corps Council: Larry Atkinson and Olga Rodriquez, serving a two-year term to expire on July 11, 2013.
7.C. (11-4647) Council appointed Mayor and Council to committee, board, commission and neighborhood liaison assignments, as directed at the June 27, 2011 Worksession.
7.D. (11-4668) Council approved extension to existing Intergovernmental Agreement to lease portions of the Goodyear Justice Center to the City of Litchfield Park for use by the Litchfield Park Municipal Court.
7.E. (11-4665) Council adopted Resolution 11-1439, authorizing the City Manager to execute all documents related to a grant application to the Pascua Yaqui Tribe for improvements to Parque De Paz and Palmateer Neighborhood Parks.
7.F. (11-4667) 1. Council adopted Ordinance 11-1246 relating to the Privilege License Tax; adopting "The 2010-2011 Amendments to the Tax Code of the City of Goodyear" by reference; establishing an effective date; providing for severability and providing penalties for violations; and
2. Adopted Resolution 11-1441 declaring as a public record that certain document filed with the City Clerk and entitled "The 2010-2011 Amendments to the Tax Code of the City Of Goodyear".
7.G. (11-4662) Council authorized staff to initiate the annexation of County rights-of-way along Citrus Road from W. McDowell Road to W. Roosevelt Street, and W. Van Buren Street from N. Citrus Road to N. Cotton Lane.
8.A. (11-4648) 1. Council conducted a public hearing to consider a request from Goodyear White Tanks Rotary Club, for a new Class B Bingo application to be located at 15651 W. Roosevelt Street. (Generally located at the southwest corner of Estrella Parkway and Roosevelt Street); and
2. Approved a request from Armin Iranshahr, applicant for the Goodyear White Tanks Rotary Club, for a new Class B Bingo license to be located at 15651 W. Roosevelt Street, Goodyear Arizona.
8.B. (11-4663) Council adopted Ordinance 11-1245 levying upon the assessed valuation of the property within the City of Goodyear, subject to primary and secondary taxation a certain sum upon each one hundred dollars ($100.00) of valuation sufficient to raise the amounts estimated to be required in the annual budget for the purpose of paying for various expenses; to raise the amount estimated to be received from other sources of revenues; providing funds for various bond redemptions, for the purpose of paying principal and interest upon bonded indebtedness; all for fiscal year ending the 30th day of June, 2012.
8.C. (11-4626) 1. Council conducted a public hearing on proposed Resolution 11-1437 and Ordinance 11-1242 related to the proposed updating and revision of the City of Goodyear Design Guidelines Manual;
2. Adopted Resolution 11-1437 declaring as a public record that certain document filed with the City Clerk and entitled, "City of Goodyear Design Guidelines Manual", dated July 11, 2011 for the City of Goodyear, Arizona; and
3. Adopted Ordinance 11-1242 adopting "City of Goodyear Design Guidelines Manual" dated July 11, 2011; repealing Ordinance 2001-735, providing for a savings clause; providing for separability; and providing for an effective date.
8.D. (11-4664) 1. Council adopted Resolution 11-1438 declaring as a public record that certain document filed with the City Clerk and entitled, "Palm Valley Crossing Planned Area Development Amendment No. 2" dated June 7, 2011; and
2. Adopted Ordinance 11-1244 providing for an amendment to the Palm Valley Crossing Planned Area Development (PAD) zoning, conditionally approved by Ord. Nos. 95-523 and 07-1058, for a portion of the PAD consisting of 55.3 acres generally located south of Interstate 10 (I-10) and east of Litchfield Road along the Auto Drive and Test Drive street frontages to revise the PAD development parameters to add a new land use category, expand the permitted use list, and modify the sign standards for certain lots within the palm valley crossing pad; adopting Supplementary Zoning Map No. 11-02; providing for severability; and providing for an effective date.
8.E. (11-4634) Council adopted Ordinance 11-1243 providing for an amendment to the Planned Area Development (PAD) zoning on 378 acres in Phase I and Phase II of the Palm Valley 303 Final Pad, adopted by Ord. Nos. 05-948 and 07-1097 and generally located along both sides of the Loop 303 from Indian School Road to Camelback Road and extending to the west to Cotton Lane and to the east approximately one-third of one mile, to revise the PAD development parameters to allow roll-up doors to face public roadways under certain circumstances and subject to screening requirements; adopting Supplementary Zoning Map No. 11-01; providing for severability; and providing for an effective date.
8.F. (11-4670) 1. Council postponed to the August 22, 2011 Council meeting, the adoption of Resolution 11-1442 declaring as a public record that certain document filed with the City Clerk titled "Amendment to Chapter 7 of the Goodyear City Code adding article 7-4: Animals at Large"; and
2. Postponed to the August 22, 2011 Council meeting, the adoption of Ordinance 11-1247 amending Chapter 7 of the Goodyear City Code by adding article 7-4 (Animals at Large); providing for severability; declaring an emergency and an effective date.
8.G. (11-4669) Council approved up to two additional days off, based on performance, for all employees who received an annual performance appraisal rating of successful or higher in FY 10-11 in lieu of a merit increase.
This is a representation of the Council Meeting. Full Minutes are available in the Clerk's Office within 72 hours of the meeting.
Last Updated: 07/12/2011