7.A. Council approved draft minutes of a Worksession and a Regular Meeting held on February 28, 2011.
7.B. Council approved a request from Susan Williams, for a new Series 14 liquor license, #14073061, for CantaMia at Estrella Community Association, Inc. located at 17700 W. Star Point Dr. (Generally located at the northwest corner of Estrella Parkway and Cedarwood Lane)
7.C. Council adopted Resolution 11-1423 promoting fair housing.
7.D. Council: 1. adopted a Notice of Intention to assess fees, in addition to all monies owed or due to the City, after debt remains unpaid for thirty (30) days after the due date. The proposed additional fees assessed include:
A. A billing late fee of 1.5 percent per month, compounded daily after the due date, on to any balance owed;
B. A fee of twenty percent (20%) of the unpaid balance on each debt will be added if the debt goes to collections;
C. Any interest, fee, charge or expense, attorney fees, court costs and any other normal and customary costs of collection; and
2. Set May 9, 2011 as the date for a public hearing on the adoption of the proposed assessed fees.
7.E. Council: 1. adopted a Notice of Intention to increase residential utility deposit fees; and
2. set May 9, 2011 as the date for a public hearing on the adoption of the proposed residential utility deposit fees.
7.F. Council adopted Ordinance 11-1234 providing for an amendment to the Planned Area Development (PAD) land uses on a 6.5-acre portion of the Estrella Phase One PAD from Open Space to Estate Residential and a 6.8-acre portion of the Estrella Mountain Ranch Golf Village PAD from Open Space to Low Density Residential to permit the development of a six-lot custom home subdivision on Estrella Parcel 5.6 located on the north side of Westar Drive approximately one-quarter mile southwest of the intersection of Westar Drive and San Miguel Drive; adopting Supplementary Zoning Map No. 10-004 to provide for the PAD Zoning Amendment; providing separability, and providing for an effective date.
8.A. Council: 1. conducted a public hearing to consider approving an amendment (Case No. 10-200-00003) to a portion of the Canyon Trails Planned Area Development (PAD) to change the planned land use from Townhomes to Neighborhood Commercial on 7.83 acres located at the southeast corner of Roosevelt Street and 158th Avenue;
2. adopted Ordinance 11-1235 providing for an amendment to a portion of the Canyon Trails Planned Area Development (PAD) to change the planned land use from Townhomes to Neighborhood Commercial on 7.83 acres located at the southeast corner of Roosevelt Street and 158th Avenue; adopting Supplementary Zoning Map No. 10-003 to provide for the amendment; providing separability; and providing for an effective date; and
3. approved a Use Permit (Case No. 10-300-00002) to allow a self-storage facility on the southern and eastern 4.62 acres of the 7.83-acre Neighborhood Commercial site, subject to Stipulations.
8.B. Council accepted and approved the proposal to provide audit services for the next three fiscal years for the City of Goodyear, submitted by Henry & Horne, LLP, and authorize the Finance Director to execute the necessary contracts.
8.C. Council accepted the 2010 General Plan Progress Report.
8.D. Council: 1. accepted Frank Cavaliere's resignation and recognized the vacancy on the City Council as of March 28, 2011; and
2. appointed a subcommittee consisting of Councilmember Pizzillo, Councilmember Sousa and Councilmember Osborne to review applications for appointment to the vacant council seat and to conduct interviews of applicants as deemed necessary to make a recommendation for appointment to the entire City Council.
This is a representation of the Council Meeting. Full Minutes are available in the Clerk's Office within 72 hours of the meeting.
Last Updated: 03/29/2011